WHAT DID WE DO?

• cassandrawelch
  • 1988 Toyota Camry

So I just inherited a 1988 Toyota Civic four door we know for sure the brakes in the back tires are shot and need to be replaced but we don't know why it wont start. It had been sitting in the drive way for two years but it was being turned on a ran for a hour every month not sure if that helped or not but just last year we went to drive the car to a different spot it turned over ran fine we turned off and went to turn it back and it wouldn't do and still wont we think it's the alternator but are not 100 percent sure on that is there any other cause of what it could be?

Sunday, September 30th, 2012 AT 6:57 AM

• saturntech9

So you have a no crank no start?If so have the battery tested and make sure the battery cables are clean and tight. Thats where I would start.

Sunday, September 30th, 2012 AT 7:02 AM
  • eugenemoore

Bad smell went start

Thursday, October 4th, 2012 AT 2:36 AM
  • KHLow2008

Bad smell from where? Do the battery cables seems hot after cranking for a short while?

Have you cleaned and retighten the battery cables as suggested by saturntech9?

Thursday, October 4th, 2012 AT 8:45 AM