WHAT IS THE MEANING OF 1.3 LITER ENGINE?

1988 Nissan Sunny

ahmer ammar

August, 15, 2012 AT 6:04 AM

Hi sir I have a question in my mind that I can't solve you also know that in all cars there its said that the engine of that car is 1.3 litre engine

SO what is the meaning of 1.3 liter engine plz explain.

mhpautos

August, 15, 2012 AT 7:39 AM

Engine displacement is the volume of an engine s cylinders, a general indicator of its size and power. The displacement figure represents the total air displaced by the pistons in all of an engine s cylinders and is expressed in liters, cubic centimeters or cubic inches. The size of these cylinders loosely defines the size of the explosion within, which is why displacement suggests an engine s power. That said, many other factors affect an engine s output, including the number of cylinders, the compression ratio within the cylinders and the induction system. Turbochargers and superchargers net higher engine output by forcing more air and thus more fuel into the cylinders, which results in a more powerful explosion than would occur in a normally aspirated engine, all other aspects being equal.

If you want to compare one engine to another, you d best look at the bottom line, the power ratings. Engines from different manufacturers or of different designs having the same displacement may vary considerably in output power. But when comparing two engines available for the same vehicle say, a 2.3-liter and a 3.2-liter, both normally aspirated the one of larger displacement will almost certainly be more powerful

Engine Class - Autoshop 101
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevy 1500
Ignition System Test Guide
Fuel Filters Replacement 2015 RAM 2500 6.7L