WHILE DRIVING MY 1988 MERCEDES 2

1988 Mercedes Benz 190e

Anonymous

January, 5, 2013 AT 6:00 AM

While driving my 1988 Mercedes 2.3 190 E on the interstate highway at 60 mph for about 15 minutes or so the car stalls.? I pull over onto the emergency lane put my flashers on turn the key off and wait about 2 minutes and the car starts OK and runs OK. I drive it for a day or longer and nothing happens. Then all of a sudden again it stalls out on me while driving. When it stalls it is at different speeds, My trouble-shooting has lead me to replacing the crankshift sensor, front TDC sensor, fuel filter, and ignition coil and still stalls out on me. I orderd a new fuel pump and will install it. Please advise me of the next steps to take in trouble-shooting my car problem. Thanks!

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

milescameron

March, 14, 2013 AT 2:28 AM

I own a 1986 190e and have a similar problem, runs great and then out of the blue stalls, still have power to radio and dash, pull over and restart and go on my way for 10 min or 10 days. I have read about this problem in other forums however have not read a posting with the end result. I was about to replace the fuelpump relay.