I HAVE A HEADLIGHT OUT ON THE DRIVER SIDE

1988 GMC Sierra

Anonymous

February, 13, 2013 AT 2:43 AM

I have a headlight out on the driver side. The high beams work. I attempted on my lunch break to unscrew that section. I unscrewed the two screws holding the low beam bulb but it wouldn't come off. Is there maybe a plate or something that holds both lights in place & you have to remove that to get to the light that I need to take care? I was hoping that it would be easier than it looks. Ha ha.

I am a woman and I don't have anyone that can do it for me and besides, the more I can do the better off I will be. I mainly want to NOT break anything. Thanks very much for your help. I greatly appreciate it. Have a wonderful blessed day

Wrenchtech

February, 13, 2013 AT 3:02 AM

I'm afraid you have messed it up pretty good now. Those screws don't hold the light in. they are the alignment adjustments so you likely will be cross eyed when you do get it working.

There should be 2 vertical strips or pins that are lifted up to release the headlamp assembly.

This isn't your truck but you should have something like this.

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa448/Wrenchtech/Headlamps02Avalanche.gif

Brake Light Bulb Replacement Chevrolet
Reverse Light Bulb Replacement Chevrolet
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz
DRL Light Bulb Replacement