How to replace 88 Dodge Van b250 brake light switch
1988 DODGE VAN
CONVERSION VAN. BETWEEN BRAKE PEDAL AND STEERING COLUMN. NOT SURE WHAT TO TAKE APART TO REPLACE BRAKE SWITCH.
have the same problem?
Sunday, December 11th, 2011 AT 4:14 PM
1. Disconnect battery ground cable.
2. Disconnect wiring from switch and remove switch from brake pedal bracket.
3. Reverse procedure to install.
4. On models less speed control, adjust switch as follows:
1. Loosen switch assembly to pedal bracket attaching screw and slide assembly away from pedal blade or striker plate.
2. Push brake pedal down and allow to return to free position. Do not pull brake pedal back at any time.
3. Place spacer gauge on pedal blade. Use a.140 inch spacer.
4. Slide switch assembly toward pedal blade until switch plunger is fully depressed against spacer gauge without moving the pedal.
5. Tighten the switch bracket attaching screw and remove spacer. Ensure stop light switch does not prevent full pedal return.
5. On models with speed control, adjust switch as follows:
1. Push switch through clip in mounting bracket until switch is seated against bracket, the brake pedal should move forward slightly.
2. Gently pull back on brake pedal as far as it will go, The switch will ratchet backwards to the correct position.
Sunday, December 11th, 2011 AT 4:21 PM
Do I take the brake pedal bracket off to allow access to the switch then?
Monday, December 12th, 2011 AT 1:08 AM
No, you should be able to change it with the bracket in place.