WHEN I DRIVE MY CAR INSIDE THE CITY THE ENGINE ...

1987 Toyota Corolla

rejwan

February, 23, 2013 AT 4:52 PM

Hi when I drive my car inside the city the engine stay in a proper heating condition and the heat meter stay little bit lower than half of its indication but when I drive it into the highway the temperature meter comes down as its been never heated before and after that when I try to clutch and brakes together for reducing speed the engine goes off. Remarks its a 2 e carburetor engine. Recently I have installed a dual layer radiator on it. Please give me the suggestion. Thank you.

February, 23, 2013 AT 5:11 PM

Did you change the thermostat?

You went to a larger radiator. That will directly effect the temp to be lower as the oem radiator is a single row.

rejwan

February, 24, 2013 AT 5:53 AM

Hi you asked did I change the thermostat? No I did not but I will and if it doesn't fix the prob should I change the radiator from dual to single layer cause the original was the single layer radiator.

Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Thermostat Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser
Thermostat Replacement Mercedes Benz C230