I REPLACED THE BATTERY SOLENOID ALTERNATOR ...

1986 Ford F-250

Anonymous

December, 3, 2012 AT 6:09 PM

I replaced the battery solenoid alternator starter positive cable and terminal. When I crank it, it makes a buzzing noise and light diming and it dies. It did start sometime and ill drive it then it dies. Ill charge it and jump it but then it starts ill leave it idle for 30 minute. Turn it off then on then the battery dead. What is it?

December, 4, 2012 AT 4:04 AM

REMOVE AND TEST THE BATTERY AT A POPULAR AUTO PARTS STORE---DO A FULL SYSTEM TEST IF YOU CAN GET THE TRUCK THERE---SEE MY 1ST PIC............ASK THEM TO USE THE AMP CLAMP (THIS WILL SHOW THE DRAW OF THE STARTER AND ANY PARASITIC DRAWS)

YOU MIGHT REMOVE THE SOLENOID AND WITH SANDPAPER INSURE IT HAS A GOOD GROUND TO THE BODYIF IT'S REAL OLD---PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE SAYS....GET A NEW ONE!

A FULL SYSTEM TEST MAY SHOW A BAD STARTER---YOU CAN REMOVE THE STARTER AND HAVE IT TESTED ON THE MACHINE IN THE STORE

BEFORE YOU RUN OUT AND BUY A STARTER (OR ON THE SPOT).....I MAY CAN HELP YOU GET IT CHEAPER, MAYBE UP TO $40 OFF!....LET ME KNOW

LET'S DO THIS 1ST---IT'S FREE---SORTA EZ TO DO!!!

CONNECTIONSREAD MY LINK---SEE THE PICS AT THE END

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/1996-chevrolet-tahoe-wont-start-sounds-dead-battery-jumpbox-get-same-reults

HOPEFULLY--THE CONTENT OF MY LINK, WAS YOUR FIX!

LET ME KNOW HOW IT'S GOING

Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Alternator testing done right