3rd brake light needs to be rewired

CMAGNOLI1
  • 1986 CHEVROLET BLAZER

The 3rd brake light was wired to the rear taillight/driver’s side. Using the left turn signal would cause the 3rd brake light & rear brake lights to flash. We cut the wire running from the 3rd brake light to the taillight; this corrected the problem with the left turn signal. Now the 3rd brake light needs to be rewired so it works when the brakes are used any easy suggestions?

Wednesday, January 4th, 2012 AT 7:23 PM

All you have to do is splice into the bottom brake circuit this will cause it to activate so as the bottom brake lights

Wednesday, January 4th, 2012 AT 7:52 PM
CMAGNOLI1

Sorry the blazer is a 1996. If I could ask another question I'm not sure about the bottom brake circuit. I would rather not run new wire to the front of the blazer. Can I find the brake wire that runs into the rear tail light or under the blazer and splice into it without going to a circuit?

Wednesday, January 4th, 2012 AT 8:25 PM

You're looking for a dark green wire at the bulb socket-also make sure the ground wire is good on the high mount light

Wednesday, January 4th, 2012 AT 8:44 PM