RECENTLY MY XJS HE DEVELOPED A STALLING PROBLEM

1985 Jaguar XJS

Anonymous

January, 5, 2013 AT 5:48 AM

Recently my XJS HE developed a stalling problem. It will run fine for awhile then begin to act as if it's running out of gas and will eventually stall. Don't know if it matters but the problem began shortly after adding fuel injector cleaner. The problem is getting progressively worse (stalling now after just a few minutes). I've replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter and fuel sump tank filter. Fuel pressure is fine. I did discover a broken temperature sensor off the left side of the fuel rail (will have the part in a few days). I also am about to replace the spark plugs and wires along with new injector seals and hoses. Any additional recommendations?

dancat8

September, 24, 2013 AT 5:50 PM

Check the ecu and fuel pump relays that are located in the trunk. Also check the connections to the ecu. I had a similar problem and was resolved after I cleaned and reconnected the ecu.

Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Pressure Test