IS THERE ANY TRANNY FROM AN VEHICLE THAT CAN GO ON MINE? ALSO IS IT POSIBLE I CUD PUT A 5 SPEED IN MINE?

1985 Isuzu Truck

isuzu8595

June, 20, 2012 AT 9:54 PM

Just wondering for future reference

Transmission Flare

Transmission Problem

DrCranknWrench

June, 20, 2012 AT 10:25 PM

Depending on what motor you have there are some Honda motors that would work. It is best to keep the same configuration that you hacve as swapping out for sifferent motors is a lot of extra work.

isuzu8595

June, 21, 2012 AT 3:30 AM

No meant I have a 4 speed manual transmission I was wondering what I wud have to do to fit a 5 speed manual transmision in it. And if I can put one in can I put one from a different car in it?

DrCranknWrench

June, 23, 2012 AT 8:07 PM

It is kind of the same thing. You will need a different computer, crossmember, mounts, a bellhousing that will mate the engine to the transmission correctly, a shifter that will fit the floor tunnel and be able to move where it needs to, will the master cylinder match hydraulically with the slave cylinder and possibly a few other things. If your truck was never offered with a 5 speed there may not be enough room for it.
A Honda or Isuzu Enthusiast forum is the best place to find this kind of swap information.

Clutch/Flywheel/Rear Main Seal Replacement