IT DOESENT START

1982 Jaguar XJ6

jamie5282

January, 17, 2011 AT 1:12 AM

I have a 1982 jaguar when I got the car they said it was the timeing chane but it doesent start what could be wrong

Wiring Issue?

January, 17, 2011 AT 11:27 AM

It takes 3-things for an engine to combust-compression, fuel and spark-Do below

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if so, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing

If both fuel and spark is present-check the valve and ignition timing, this will lead you to problems
with compression and valves opening and closing at the wrong time/broken or jumped timing
belt/chain.

Engine Oil Change and Filter Mercedes
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Honda Element
Coolant Drain and Refill Scion XD
Engine Oil Change and Filter Replacement
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet