HOWDY!I HAVE APPROX 2000 MI ON A STOCK REBUILD

1973 Jeep CJ5

Sheddiggs

January, 6, 2013 AT 12:24 AM

Howdy!
i have approx 2000 mi on a stock rebuild. I have resto modded my old jeep. So far I have replaced the original intake/exhaust manifolds with aluminum intake and matching exhaust from an '81 so I can go with a rebuilt MC2100 carb. I also got rid of the points and went HEI. Great so far! I would like to go with a header for a little more performance, the problem is I have an old Ramsey PTO set up with the shaft running from the transfer case to the winch. It runs along the frame rail. When I modded the exhaust manifold, I had a local shop hang larger pipe and muffler so she could breathe. Do you think I could fit an inside the frame rail type header in there? Would an offroad shop "test fit" one to see if it is possible before buying?

January, 6, 2013 AT 1:36 AM

WHAT ENGINE YOU GOT?

CAN YOU SEND SOME PICS OF THE "TIGHT SPACE" YOU HAVE? (GOOD LIGHT--HOOD AGAINST THE WINDSHIELD FRAME--IN FOCUS?

PICS OF YOUR MODS WOULD BE NICE TOO!

I'M NOT MUCH ON "SPECIAL MODS"----DRAGSTRIP/ "CRAWLING"/ HACKING OFF THOSE BEAUTIFUL FENDERS!

I AM INTO IMPROVEMENTS AND UPGRADING---I'LL SEE WHAT I CAN DO WHEN I GET A BETTER PROSPECTIVE ON WHAT YOU ARE DOING

YOUR TURN

Replace Exhaust Manifold
Oxygen Sensor Replacement Dodge Stratus
Oxygen Sensor Replacement Honda Civic 1996-20
Replace Muffler
Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen