DO I NEED ANY SPECIAL TOOLS ON REPLACING THE HEAD GASKETS ON MY 351W ENGINE?

1972 Mercury Montego

joze182

November, 18, 2011 AT 11:19 PM

I know I will need a torque wrench but will I need another special tool while I get closer to my heads>?

November, 18, 2011 AT 11:37 PM

That's about the only thing you need on replacing the HG-

November, 19, 2011 AT 12:54 AM

YOU'RE GONNA NEED TO KNOW THE "SEQUENCE" AND "STEPS" IN WHICH YOU TIGHTEN THE HEAD BOLTS

YOU JUST DON'T START CRANKIN' ON 'EM!

November, 19, 2011 AT 1:19 AM

I knew somebody like you would come in and inject the increment steps and sequences-I only answered for the ST's needed-TY JF

November, 19, 2011 AT 1:28 AM

CORRECT KNOWLEDGE IS A. SPECIAL TOOL

SEE-UNs HOW FAST YOU ARE GETTING IT POSTED (TAKE ME FOREVER TO FIND IT, 'SPECIALLY THAT YEAR)

I WILL GET DOWN BEHIND COVER AND CONCEALMENT WHILE YOU THROW THAT OUT TOO, RAZ

ALL GOOD, WAY OVER THERE?

cadieman

November, 19, 2011 AT 1:33 AM

You wil have to have to send the heads to a machine shop to be check and rebuilt though.

November, 19, 2011 AT 3:20 AM

Joze182 if you need more help-holler to JF he's the Ford/Jeep Expert in here-TY for using 2carpros

Lol, JF if it was me I'll dumped in a 427/429 Cobra-No chance with a 351C, -I use to be a First On Race Day but I when desertion from them and now I become Found On Road Dead -Hey! JF those California Specials are they still around, never seen it anymore-Then again Ford's has Super Engines that will tear down on a 1/4 track-Missed them old days of dragging, here and Honolulu, Hi

Replacing Head Gasket
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma