STARTER GRINDING ON FLY WHEEL

1970 Ford F-100

colten_simonds

October, 2, 2012 AT 2:06 AM

I just replaced starter and flywheel on 1970 ford f100 and when I tried to start it, it started to grind and then finally started. I let it sit for about a week and tried to start it again and now wont even start, it just starts to grind. And answers?

October, 2, 2012 AT 2:23 AM

EVEN A BRAND NEW PART CAN BE BAD!

CLEAN CONNECTIONS FROM THE BATTERY TO THE SOLENOID TO THE STARTER CAN PLAY A PART IN IT THROWING IN WELL

ARE YOU SURE YOU HAVE THE CORRECT STARTER?

SAME TOOTH COUNT?

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOUR ENGINE SIZE IS--AUTOMATIC OR MANUAL TRANNY

I JUST SORTA GRABBED THIS--302 W/ AUTOMATIC....READ THIS ONE

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_starter-worldwide_5220092-p?searchTerm=starter

HERE'S THE OTHER CHOICES AVAILABLE AT THIS STORE---ALWAYS INSURE IT SAYS "EXACT FIT FOR YOUR...."

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/PartSearchCmd?storeId=10151&catalogId=10051&pageId=partTypeList&suggestion=&actionSrc=Suggest&langId=-1&searchTerm=starter&vehicleIdSearch=34828&searchedFrom=header

I HAVE SEEN THE PARTS GUYS GIVE PARTS THAT WILL FIT, BUT IS NOT CORRECT FOR THE APPLICATION

colten_simonds

October, 10, 2012 AT 3:39 PM

I loosened the bolts on starter and took a leverage bar and pried up on the starter and it moved up almost 1/2 inch and then tightened bolts back down and works fine now. The bolt holes on the starter were bigger than bolt allowing starter to drop approximatly 1/2 inch away from fly wheel.

October, 11, 2012 AT 12:22 AM

ROGER

BEST REMEMBER THAT NEXT TIME, IF YOU TAKE THE STARTER OFF

GOOD LUCK

Starter Motor Replacement Ford Mustang
Starter Replacement
Battery Replacement
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006