I NEED AN ENGINE

1968 AMC Javelin

sparky1234

March, 4, 2012 AT 8:08 PM

I need to find an amc v8 engine for a 1968 amc javelin that originally had a inline six. I also was wondering if it would line up with my 3speed manual tranny.

hmac300

March, 4, 2012 AT 8:33 PM

As long as the bell housing bolts line up to the engine then the tranny mount bolts should be ok. Good luck on finding an AMC V-8 from even around that year.

sparky1234

March, 4, 2012 AT 9:12 PM

I found one that was the same car and year. Do you think $500 is a rip off for a running one.

hmac300

March, 4, 2012 AT 9:17 PM

No because these motors are becoming very very rare. You might want to kiss the guy if it's in good shape. You can certainly get your money back if you decide to sell it once more. Might even make some money on it. Make sure the bellhousing will mate to your trnas an dengine though as it's been a very long itme for me to even see an AMC product let alone work on one.

sparky1234

March, 4, 2012 AT 9:26 PM

It says that it is in great shape has great oil pressure and no noises.

March, 5, 2012 AT 4:46 AM

IF THIS ENGINE IS STILL INSTALLED AND RUNNING IN THE OTHER FELLERS VEHICLE. THIS MAY HELP (ALSO WILL HELP YOU WITH YOUR VEHICLE LATER)

IF YOU CAN GET THIS PUPPY TO OPERATING TEMP, THIS INEXPENSIVE GAUGE WILL TELL YOU A LOT ABOUT THE INTERNALS OF AN ENGINE, WITH OUT EXPLORATORY SURGERY.

I HAVE ONE MOUNTED IN THE DASH OF EACH OF MY JEEPS, AND TWO OTHER "SHOP MODELS"

IF YOU ARE "TIGHT" YOU CAN USE A "DASH MODEL" AS A "SHOP MODEL"---THEN DASH OR UNDER DASH MOUNT IT LATER.

THEY ARE ALSO USEFUL IN "THEM" TEACHING "YOU" BETTER ACCELERATOR PEDAL PRACTICES. THE HIGHER YOU CAN KEEP THE NEEDLE WHILE DRIVING. THE BETTER YOUR MPGs

YOU CAN GET A DECENT GAUGE FOR UNDER $30

sparky1234

March, 10, 2012 AT 5:08 PM

Would a v8 fit under the hood sience it was originaly an inline six

hmac300

March, 10, 2012 AT 6:26 PM

Yes you'l probably have to change the mounts in teh car for it though

Oil Change and Filter Replacement Subaru
Engine Oil Change and Filter Toyota Tundra
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Ford Taurus
Air Filter Replacement
Fuel Filter Change