ENGINE COVER PLATE?

• waxandgo
  • 1961 Chevrolet Fleetline

1948 chevy fleetline, 6cly. I am painting the engine and want to remove the valve cover and the plate under it. What is the name of the of the plate that runs under the valve cover (the passenger side) and covers the spark plugs and ends at the beginning of the oil pan. It appears to be one piece. My second question is I want to remove the rear fenders but am looking for the gasket that goes between the fender and the body. Guess I need a roll of it because the Front fenders also has it

Tuesday, July 31st, 2012 AT 8:44 PM

• Docfixit

That plate covers acess to lifters/ pushrods. Is there a tube also that points to ground. Check on line for fender pipeing try Whitneys

Tuesday, July 31st, 2012 AT 8:46 PM
  • Docfixit

Going blue or orange?

Tuesday, July 31st, 2012 AT 8:47 PM
  • waxandgo

Went blue with copper on the vacume & gas line. Looking to see his to add a pic.

Wednesday, August 22nd, 2012 AT 11:14 PM
  • Docfixit

Nice

Thursday, August 23rd, 2012 AT 8:31 PM
  • waxandgo

Hey doc, thanks for ur help. I could not get the black tube off the block but once I got the pushrod cover off it was easy to sand & paint.

Friday, August 24th, 2012 AT 8:10 PM