P0013 & P0014 Error Code

MIDWEST-DAVE
  • 2009 CHEVROLET COBALT
Recently my Cobalt threw the P0013 and P0014 error codes. I'm not experiencing any of the symptoms I've read about for those error codes such as difficult acceleration, loss of power, loss of gas mileage etc. The only thing that seems out of the norm / that I noticed when the CEL came on, is a constant buzzing whenever the gas pedal is pressed. The buzzing is constant regardless if I'm running AC or not. Maybe these are two different problems?

Thanks in advance!
Monday, July 27th, 2015 AT 6:45 AM

KEN

Both of these problem are related. With those trouble codes it is telling your there is an issue with the timing chains and guides or the camshaft actuators. What happens is the timing chain will wear or a guide will break causing the camshaft timing not to be controllable so the engine goes into limp mode. You will need to take the engine apart and replace the broken pieces. Here are guides to help you get the problem fixed. Also if the ngien in low on oil is can do the same thing so check it first.

This can also be caused by a bad oil control valve of the camshaft actuators.

Here are the diagrams to help you get the job done.

Check out the diagrams (Below)

Let us know what happens and please upload pictures or videos of the problem.

Cheers, Ken
Saturday, January 6th, 2018 AT 6:59 PM