WHEN CARS COLD STARTING IDLES LOW THEN REVS HIGH THEN AGAIN

Oldsmobile

Donpyles

October, 31, 2007 AT 10:40 PM

My car is a 1994 Olds Cutlass Surpreme Convertible 3.4 liter DOHC 89,000 miles. Car has been having cold start issues with reving then when it comes down almost stalls then it revs again then over and over till it warms up then it will idle ok but you can feel that the motor is kicking here and there not idle moving but just pulses here and there. I started changing sensors so far I have changed the throttle posioning sensor, idle air controll valve, tune up, injector cleaner, tested the idle air temp sensor and ignition control module because I hooked up the timing light and seems like all the cyclinders have a miss to them every few sec theres one or two flashs missing. I tested fuel pressure its holds at 40 pounds goes to 45 with rev which is normal I think. I dont wanna buy anymore sensors and it not work also changed o2 sensor was going to get the mass air flow sensor but didnt wanna spend 200 and it not be the problem. If I let it rev and sit for a while I get a service engine light then when I put it in drive it goes away. Took it to autozone they said they cant test it because its not 95 and newer. Please help

roth.810

December, 23, 2011 AT 6:05 PM

I have a 1995 same problem. Finally found problem Lower intake gaskets. In Michigan a gasket set is 31.00 comes with upper and lower gaskets.

Jacobandnickolas

January, 30, 2012 AT 12:37 AM

Gasket is a possible issue. The fuel pressure should drop when you hit the throttle. Check to make sure the regulator is good.

Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars