WHITE SMOKE COMING FROM THE VENTS !

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee • 153 miles

I have noticed white smoke coming from the vents while driving. I am not overheating and no moisture on the floor of the passenger side. Smells like antifreeze, Otherwise it runs fine, My dad takes great care of my Jeep and I would like to research this before bringing this to his attention, Thank you in advance for your input !
1998 Jeep Girl

The smell of antifreeze is your heatercore leaking. Give it some time, and you should beable to feel the leaking antifreeze on the floor. Its in its early stages, but will only get worse. I suggest you replace your ac evaporator core while doing the heater core. Its a couple hundred extra, but well worth it.

Madmike1735
Thank you so much, I will let my dad know.

1998 Jeep Girl
Your welcome! Im here to help. Please keep me updated on how you make out.

Madmike1735
Just letting you know My A/C is inoperable, not a factor. Thank you : ) I will update, just have to break the news to dad : (

1998 Jeep Girl
Any idea why? I may be able to help you with the ac as well.

Madmike1735
Hey mike just letting you know the problem is solved ! I had the heater core flushed as well as the cooling system ! My Jeep enjoyed a spa day ! Running like new and no more smoke : )

1998 Jeep Girl
Dont think its over, a heater core that leaks externally will continue to leak. The flush may have found a bit of sludge to clog the leak for now, but I believe the leak will come back. Keep a very close eye on it. Once the temp starts going down in the enviroment, towards winter, you may experience windows fogging up. I dont want to bring you bad news, but I have seen this time and time again in the shop. Keep me updated.

Madmike1735