OVERDRIVE

1999 Volvo XC70

1999 Volvo XC70 4 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 189000 miles

Does this year volvo have an overdrive and where is it located.

The arrow flashing light is blinking like it is in low gear.
It will shift up to the third gear but will not go into the 4 gear
We had it tested sy s transmission shop and a import mechanic and the test shows shows the same.
PO 751 Shift solonoid A - there is movement there or stuck off
PO 756 Shift solonoid B - Performance or stuck off
PO 734 Gear 4 incorrect ratio
P1618 Manufacture Code - engine undocumented
Suspect internal fault W/ transmission fault.

We had another mechanic suggest that it is a PNP Switch located under the air box that goes into the transmission and the copper contacts might need cleaned. Before purchasing the PNP switch which is $150.00 or having my mechanic get into it. I thought of another opinion.
Our mechanic took it out and he said it seems like it doesn't go into overdrive, there is a button on the gear shift that sticks when I move the stick into gear and I need to pull the button out, could this be the overdirve.
Help
Bob
Bobbymic

Once you have an incorrect gear ratio code then you most certainly will need to replace the gear box. What does the fluid look like? Is it burnt? If it is then you have an internal failure of the transmission. Have your mechanic do a stall speed test to check transmission fluid pressure. Also has the transmission control module software being upgraded?

JIS001