NO HEAT

1998 Volvo V70

Heater problem
1998 Volvo V70 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 185, 00 miles

I bought a used 1998 Volvo V70. Air conditioner works great but now it is winter there is NO HEAT. Fan working alright but just blows cool air.
I have replaced the thermostat and added antifreeze but still nothing.
What can be wrong?
Pennyg

Have you inspected the heater hoses and verified that both hoses are attached towards the firewall of the vehicle?

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/337695_79110907_1.jpg

If they are not and looks like they bypassed them then they did it that way because the heater core is leaking. If they are installed correctly, verify that both hoses are hot once the engine is at operating temperature. If they are not, meaning one is cold and one is hot, then the heater core is plugged up, if both are hot, then I would suspect a problem with the temperature damper motor or the climate unit itself is faulty. For this proper diagnosis needs to be done and first thing they would need to do is try and calibrate the damper motors and follow fault tracing from there.

JIS001
ARE THE A/C PANEL LIGHTS FLASHING? THIS CAN INDICATE A FAULT IN THE CLIMATE CONTROL MODULE.

VOLVO SERVICE ADV