WINDOW ON PASSENGER SIDE DOES NOT GO UP

2002 Volvo S80

2002 Volvo S80 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 187000 miles

window is down and wont go up. Also the lock does not workon pass side, but works from dr side.
Binzo69

Hello –

Volvo doesn’t release too much info on this so we will have to do some troubleshooting.

If I understand you correctly the window and door lock do not work on the passenger side. The window doesn’t go up at all but the door lock works the passenger side from the drivers door?

You will have to remove the door panel to troubleshoot. For one I think your window motor is bad. Once you have access to the motor disconnect the electrical plug and put 12v and ground to the motor connection. Then reverse them. If the motor doesn’t work that is your problem.

Inspect the lock switch for any damage or plug disconnected and let me know what you find.

Thank you very much for the donation

Please let us know if what the final fix was for your car so we can better assist others. Thanks!

Find a car repair manual for your car repair questions.

ImpalaSS
Hello –

Also, it looks like you may have a recall on your vehicle. The dealer may fix this for free. Please contact the dealer service department, give them the VIN number of your car and have them check on this to see if it applies to you.

Campaign No: 07E023000
Number of Affected Vehicles: 13128
Beginning Date of Manufacture: NO DATE
Ending Date of Manufacture: NO DATE
SYSTEM
SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULIC: FOUNDATION COMPONENTS: MASTER CYLINDER
DESCRIPTION OF DEFECT
CERTAIN CARDONE MASTER CYLINDERS WITH DATE CODES LOWER THAN DCA7078 SOLD AS REPLACEMENT EQUIPMENT FOR USE ON THE VEHICLES LISTED ABOVE. THE SEAL ON MASTER CYLINDER CAN FAIL AND LEAK BRAKE FLUID.
CONSEQUENCE OF DEFECT
LOSS OF BRAKE FLUID CAN RESULT IN POOR BRAKING PERFORMANCE, POSSIBLY RESULTING IN A VEHICLE CRASH.
CORRECTIVE ACTION
CARDONE WILL NOTIFY OWNERS AND OFFER TO REPURCHASE ANY DEFECTIVE MASTER CYLINDERS. THE RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING APRIL 2007. OWNERS CAN CONTACT CARDONE AT 1-800-777-4780.

Thank you very much for the donation

ImpalaSS