BUZZING NOISE

1998 Volvo S70

Noises problem
1998 Volvo S70 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 180000 miles

I have a 1998 S70 GLT, my vehicle just started making this buzzing noise fro the passenger dash area. This occurs all the time running or not and the sequence seems to change.
Started with a constant buzz lasted about 5 minutes.
Then went to 1 second on then 1 second off.
Then 1 second on 5 seconds off. May go for a day.
Then 2 buzzs in a second then off 5 seconds
and on and on and they vary. Running or not.
Rsamglt

This sounds like it would be very hard to give answer too since I can not hear the noise? I wouldmost likely suspect a damper motor in the climate box may be making your noise. Next time you hear it change the temperature setting to full hot and see what happens. Then change all the way cold and see what happens to the noise. And proceed with the air flow selector as well but only when you hear the noise to see if it changes but also to see the desired setting changes as well. Good Luck and hope this info helps you. Also just want to clarify you meant either the engine running or not you hear the buzzing sound? If it is while running could be your dash is broken from the inside and that thing just vibrates like crazy.

JIS001
I should have been clearer about my buzzing noise.
This is happening as we " speak", the vehicle may be running or the vehicle may be parked and shut off. Changing the climate controls have no effect on the buzzing. From hot to cold, recirculate to fresh, ac on or off. Most common sequence is 1 second buzz 5 seconds off. But there are other sequences. It just varies.

Sam

Rsamglt
O.K. Does this vehicle have an interior ambient sensor? If it does it will be on the right side of tyhe defroster switch. It will have a little grill with a hole inside of it. Sometimes the wheel inside will make noise also. Next time it starts to buzz stick a tooth pick inside to stop the wheel from spinning. If noise goes away your problem is there. Hope the info helps.

JIS001
Sorry My Bad! The buzzing was coming from my Fluke eletrical tester. I've owned this tester 20 years never heard it make this buxxing sound.

Sam

Rsamglt
LOL O.K. Doesnt sound so expensive now unless your buying a new Fluke meter.

JIS001