VIBRATION IN STEERING COLUMN AT LOW SPEED RA

2002 Volvo S40

Noises problem
2002 Volvo S40 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 72000 miles

After having my vehicle undergo a 4 wheel alignment and tire balancing and rotation, I noticed that it still has a vibration that is transmitted through the steering column and is also transmitted through the floor of the car. The speed range this vibration is most prominent is between 20-28 miles per hour. It dissipates substantially, but is not entirely absent above or below these speeds. The vibration is pulsatile in nature. I should note, however, that the car had an accident with front end damage in the past, mostly affecting the left portion of the vehicle. What is, statistically, most likely the cause of this, and what diagnostic steps can one employ to elicit the etiology of this?
Thebrotha167

You could have a bad axle. If you can get the car on a hoiste, turn off the traction control and put it on drive and see what wheelis shaking. You can also try and grab the axle and wiggle up and down to see if there is too much play. Also if you turn left and right to you feel the vibration get less on either direction?

JIS001
I should note that the vibration occurs regardless of the car being in drive or neutral.

Thebrotha167
Have the engine mounts checked. If a mount has collapsed then the engine may be sagging low enough it is sitting on the center beam and making it vibrate.

JIS001