TIMING BOSCH INJECTION PUMP

1982 Volkswagen Van

1982 Volkswagen Van 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 160, 00 miles

Having removed the duesel injector pump for repair I am unsure how to accurately replace it. I have also replaced the cambelt and can lock the camshaft and locate the tdc flywheel marks but I seem to have no reference marks on the pump gear wheel as to injection point. It is a Bosch pump with manual lever attachment for cold starts
E.Wright

I have two of these diesel vans, you're going to need to go to your local European parts store and order in a kit to be able to set up the injection pump it requires three special tools, it will cost you about $80 for the tools, you will also need to order a factory manual for the diesel and follow the instructions precisely or you will ruin the whole job. The reason you cannot find the marks is because you don't know what you are looking for that's why you need the manual. Anymore questions on the setup procedure let me know I am an expert.

Dr Loot