NOISE WHEN ACCELERATING 98 JETTA

1998 Volkswagen Other

Hello:
My Jetta GL is a 1998, with 65,000 miles. When I drive at speeds of 30mph and up it makes a sort of thumping noise coming from near the left wheel. It sounds similar as if I were driving with a flat tire. The noise goes away when I slow down. I recently had a front wheel bearing repaired and the brake pads changed. Could this noise be related to these repairs?

Thanks for your help!
Pfei0062

You've narrowed it down to a rotational noise. You could narrow it down further by applying the brakes lightly on the pedal and then harder to see if the noise changes. Also seperately, use the park brake (as that only affects the rear wheels. Take that information back to the mechanic who did the bearing and let them know. Don't say it is coming out of the rear, just say now you have a noise. Let them hear it. Sounds are very hard to pinpoint.

Example.A squeak that sounds like it is coming from the door on the passenger side will be coming from the sunroof.

Friedemann
Good call friedemann, nothin' I love better than good diagnostic skills and sharin' them with all!

Chris

Carundell