FUSE BOX

1970 Volkswagen Beetle

1970 Volkswagen Beetle 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 75000 miles

My front left and rear left running lights do not work. I switched leads on my fuse box, and they work. So, I know the wires are good. I tested the fuse, so I know the fuse is good. The wiring of the fuse box and according to my Maint. Manual, shows that power comes into the fuse box and gets split between the left side (fuse # 7?) And the right side (fuse #8?). My conclusing is that there is a short somewhere in the fuse box. How can I repair the fuse box? I do not want to have to replace it.
70VWBee

Check the fuse connection to make sure there is no corrosion. If you have voltage on the power side but not going through the fuse box you can tap into it. They make pigtails that can be added to run diferent accessories. If you don't have voltage to the power side you can tap into the 10 fuse. Dome and flasher fuse. Put it on the positive or power side and put a inline fuse on to run the lights.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/54223_vw_fuses_1.jpg

M_H_RITZEL