ENGINE MANAGEMENT LIGHT ON AND ENGINE

2002 Vauxhall Vectra

2002 Vauxhall Vectra 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 75,000 miles

hi my car started losing power and was hesitating so I took it to vauxhall last year to be put on a diagnostic test. They said it was my egr valve which I got them to replace.I had to keep taking it back because my car was back to having no power and engine management was coming now on after 2 or 3 days after getting my car back. After the 5th time I gave up taking it back to vauxhall because it was like they was temp fixing the car somehow and the engine management stayed off the 5th time. Ever since my car still not had any power, going through a lot of oil and now the engine management light back on and temp of engiine gets hot.I dont want to take back to vauxhall because they charged me a lot of money and didnt fix my car. Help
Samsungbob

Have the car plugged into a diagnostic computer and repost with fault codes for more assistance

Dave H
Hi dave I kept getting told by vauxhall that nothing was coming up on the diagnostic test when I was taking it back. Its confusing I was getting all my power back when I got it back from vauxhall each time but just for a day or so. They said all they was doing is resetting cars computer. Ive been told by a mechanical friend that my car is changing mixture settings and putting the car in get home mode. Could this be true? And if this is true how can I fix this if a diagnostic test cant tell whats wrong?

Samsungbob
Your friend could be right .. but i would expect the car to be storing codes when the MIL comes on .. it must be storing codes if they are restting it ?? you could ask them to do a drive test with car hooked up to a diagnostic computer to monitor sensors are functioning correctly .. next time they reset the light ask them for the codes it is storing ?? repost with the codes

let me know

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/266999_AAA2_1163.png

Dave H
Thanks dave I will try vauxhall 1 more time and ask them to do what you ask. It will have to wait till I get paid at end of the month though.I will get the codes and give them to you

Samsungbob