DRIVE BELT ROUTING

2001 Vauxhall Vectra

2001 Vauxhall Vectra 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 145000 miles

Hi guys.

Wonder if you can help me, please?

Was driving my Vauxhall Vectra 2.6 litre V6 yesterday and suddenly, I heard a 'flapping' noise from the engine, the battery warning light came on and the power steering went.

Thinking it was either an alternator or drive belt problem, I removed the air filter housing to check the drive belt and it had shredded and snapped.

I've got a replacement drive belt but, my problem is that I don't know the routing that the belt takes around the pulleys.

With the pulleys in front of me, I've got the alternator pulley to my lower left and another small pulley above, which I assume is the belt tensioner. In the middle, towards the bottom of the engine is another pulley and a way above that is a smooth surfaced pulley. Finally, to the right near the front of the engine block is the final pulley. Except for the smooth surfaced pulley, all the others are multiple V grooved.

Are you able to either describe - or provide a diagram - of exactly how the belt fits over the various pulleys and in what configuration?

Would be really grateful for your help, guys. Thanks a lot ! : -)
Essexguy

Wow this was a hard one to find info on as it is not from the USA so here is all I have on it sorry no pics to help, from the bottom pulley around the A/C pump and back around the tensioner, then around the power steering pump, then the alternator. If I have remembered and read correctly you must remove the engine mount. It is easier if you remove the plastic covers in the wheel arch too. Hope this helps as this is all the info I can find.

Racefan966
Mail me to send you diagram

Opel parts greece
I have not diagram available I have checked my a few times. If you read the discription that I have already given you will have what I have sorry but that is all I could find.

Racefan966
Detailed e-mail sent to: 'Essex Guy'
Sent: Friday, October 31, 2008 8: 23 AM
Subject: RE: Vauxhall Vectra drive belt diagram

Drive belt illustration
Timing belt illustration
All of the tech data according to your Vectra/B V6 Y26SE type that you have

I hope that I was able to cover your request in total

My best and warmest greetings from Greece

Anthony

Opel parts greece