TROUBLE WITH NOT GETTING ABOVE 3000 RPMS

2003 Dodge Ram • 226,000 miles

I replaced the coil packs and now having trouble with the truck not going above 3000 rpms it acts like a restricter is in place and it isnt gaining any power I went through the spark plugs are at proper gap checked all the wires and all are connected good a check engine light code of coil h primary and secondery circuit malfunction is appearing it does have a custom exhaust due to an accident 4 years ago.
Cowgirlemt07

Scan for codes and check fuel pressure first

I had scanned for codes and the code was the coil h primary secondary circuit malfunction and I actually fixed the problem myself the coil connecting wires clips were broken so it prevented the from gettin a good connection but I fixed that and its now running great already an improvemnt in gas mileage

Cowgirlemt07
Great at least ti told you what was wrong by scanning instead fo just thowing parts at it. Glad it 's fixed.