CLUTCH PEDAL IS STICKING TO THE FLOOR

2004 Toyota Tacoma

2004 Toyota Tacoma 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 64000 miles

My clutch pedal keeps sticking to the floor when I depress it to put the vehicle in gear. I have to pick it back up with my foot in order to shift again. It also randomely sucks all the way back down to the floor by itself. There are no leaks from the slave or maste cylinder. Which one should I replace first?
Jason Smithson

Hi Jason Smithson,

Problem is mostlikely to be the master cylinder. Check the pedal to maste cylinder push rod clearance. If there is sufficient clearance, the master cylinder should be the one to replace if there are no leakages at the slave cylinder.

Is the fluid level for the clutch correct?

So I have replaced the master and slave cylinder. The problem remains, except now the clutch pedal doesn't stick all the way to the floor. When I depress the clutch pedal I now have a hard time putting the truck in gear. However the clutch pedal comes off the floor about two to three inches then stays at that location. I have bled the clutch several times, trying both the slow depress method and the pump it up and let 'er loose method. Still no avail. I have kept an eye on the fluid level even before the problems started, all was fine or within tolerance. Not sure where to go from here?

Jason Smithson