CRACKED RADIATOR IN

2001 Toyota Solara

Engine Cooling problem
2001 Toyota Solara 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 105000 miles

Hello -
Recently a friend of mine and I did some maintenance on my 2001 Toyota Camry Solara. We changed the timing belt, waterpump, transmission filter, and belts. We also flushed the radiator and transmission fluid. When I was driving it home it overheated. Luckily I saw the temp gauge going up and was able to pull over and turn off the car before it caused any significant problems. My friend said it was an air lock in the waterpump. We topped off the antifreeze and worked the fluid through the hoses and everything was fine - for a week. My wife was driving the car and it did (I presume) the same thing. However, she did not notice the overheating until she heard a " flapping" noise and white smoke coming out of the hood. When I arrived, we popped the hood and noticed right away a 4inch crack in the top of the radiator. We got it towed and is at the shop right now. My question then: what should I expect to replace? The radiator for sure (I'm assuming), but will there be calateral damage as well - waterpump, hoses, timing belt (it was smoking out of that area too), engine (ahem), etc? Thanks!
Jmangler

As long as the engine wasn't extremely over heated there really isn't any reason to expect to have to repair anything.

But keep a close eye on it.
For it to be fine for a week and then it happen out of no where sounds a little fishy to me.
There may be another problem that is just now starting to show it's ugly head

Buddycraigg