POWER LOCKS AND INTERIOR LIGHTS

2001 Toyota Sienna

2001 Toyota Sienna 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 130000 miles

1. The remote does not work at all 2. The power lock button on the driver and passenger doors do nothing when pushed unless the key is turned on 3. Interior lights do not work at all 4. Clock built into dash does not light up

Could it be a fuse?

All of this appeared to occur at once within the last day. My wife tells me the temperature/compass reading in the rear-view mirror acted up in the last day or so but since then has cleared up (99 DegF here in the day)

Check engine light has been on for a year and we're told it's the computer. That hasn't changed.
Sehenry2000

Hi Check gague fuse in box left of dash a 10 AMP
Also was a code retrived from PCM? If so what was code?
Let me know
Thanks for donate

Docfixit
Bought a tester and 10 amp fuse for " Gauge" is OK. Other ideas?

My wife took the van in so I don't have the code. Maybe I can get a shop to check again and tell me the actual code.

Sehenry2000
What's a good code reader for me to buy so I could check it myself? I'm fairly mechanical but never dealt too much past alternator replacement as far as electrical.

Sehenry2000
#P0440, P0441, P0446

Sehenry2000
Codes in that particlar sequence indicates loose or defective fuel tank cap. An Actron CP 9575 excellent scan tool runs about $145 Auto Zone has good selection from $40 up. Check or replace cap clear codes by removing EFI 15 amp fuse in engine compartment box. See if they reset

Docfixit
Fuse was the problem and those lock and light problems disappeared. But then engine light came back on and now I have Code 1135. Air Fuel Ratio Sensor

I bought an Actron 9580. Has the code description built in along with likely fix.

I bought a Bosch Wideband A/F sensor (goes in exhaust pipe at front of engine just under the hood).
Sound like this is the fix?

Sehenry2000
The one to replace for that code on rear (firewall side) exhaust manifold

Docfixit