TACOMA HEADLIGHT PROBLEM

1996 Toyota Pickup

I have a 1996 Toyota Tacoma 2.4 2WD without daytime running lights. I recently went to replace the light bulbs in my truck, and found that my factory pigtails were melted and falling apart. I went ti local parts store and bought a after market pigtail for each light. Now, my lights are screwed up, my brights are working, but my dim lights are very dim so dim I can see better with a flashlight. It looks like the dim side is not getting enough power to properly illuminate. I went an bought the book for my truck, and the book confirmed that the wires were properly hooked up.

I also talked to some other people about my headlight problem, and they told me to check the ground.

does anyone else have any ideas.
Gfd706

Headlight have a simple circuit battery to switch to light.

Burned connectors mean high current and hgh current means a poor ground. Check the battery ground from the battery to the engine, from the engiine to the fire wall and from the battery to the frame. Remove them and make then shiny clean

Did you make the connections correct for the new connectors? How did you splice the connections? Let me know

Losone
I used a quick connect male and a quick connect female to make the connections according to the hayes book I got the connections right I will check and clean the ground and get back to you.

Gfd706