STOP LIGHT SWITCH

2002 Toyota Landcruiser

2002 Toyota Landcruiser

the break lights stay on with no pressure on the break pedal. I think it is the stop light switch. How do you change this out. I can not get a wrench up in there, over the pedal assembly. Do you need to drop the whole pedal assembly?
Mchammer

Hello –

I have searched through the manual and it doesn’t have a pic of the switch. Only that it is located on a bracket behind the brake pedal.

You should not have to remove the pedal at all. The usually snap into the bracket, or have a single nut that the switch plunger slides through the bracket to make contact to the brake pedal and is held on by a nut.

Make a small donation! (We will make sure your question will be answered promptly and it will help us be able to continue to help others - Thanks)

Please let us know if what the final fix was for your car so we can better assist others. Thanks!

Find a car repair manual for your car repair questions.

ImpalaSS