RINGING NOISE AT HIGH SPEEDS

Toyota Corolla

I have a 2005 toyota corolla ce = 27,000 miles. Whenever I drive above 75 mph, there is a loud ringing noise coming from the dashboard area. The dealership wont check it because they said they wont drive over the speed limit. Can you tell me what this could be? If I tell them what it is, maybe they will just fix it for me! Thanks!
Kmucci

I have head of an air noise that caused that problem. Next time you hear the ring-turn on your wipers to break the air flow and see what happens. Describe the ringing a little better as compared to something we hear all the time.

Good luck

Losone
I already tried turning on my wipers and it did nothing. The noise is a very high pitched ringing, almost a whistling noise that is constant and very loud that starts immediately once I hit on average about 75 mph on the highway. It stops as soon as I de-celerate below 75. Sometimes it happens at 70 mph or 80 mph (not always right at 75).

Kmucci
Tell the mechanics it happens at 65 to 70 and lket them find it. They will drive it faster during a chjeck ride.

Losone