MAINTANCE PROBLEM

Toyota Corolla

I bought a 2006 Corolla in March of this year. It has been running great, but when it was time for my second oil change, the maintenance required light started flashing when I started the car and then when turn off. So I got my oil changed a month ago and the light hasn't stopped. And recently it has come on and stayed on when I start the car. Is there a certain trick to turning it off, or is my sensor stuck? Please help.
Frogsrsweet

On most new cars, these maintenance lights are designed to come on after a certain amount of miles are driven, pre-determined by the manufacturers. Some are designed to flash occassionaly until you reach the the breaking point, then it stays on. To re-set the lite, press the reset button on the dash FIRST, then turn the ignition key to the ON position and wait 10 second or until the lite goes out. The reset button is near the speedometer gauge.

Captain hank