TOYOTA COROLLA ABS PROBLEM

2009 Toyota Corolla

I'm working on a corolla and I changed out the cross member and after I drove it around 15mph or so it stops on it's own and makes a weird noise no check engine or abs lights on any ideas?
Alfredm8702

Are the brakes free? Did you have it aligned?

Yea the brakes are good I put it up on jack stands and tried giving it gas and it won't go only If I go from brake to gas pedal real quick it goes the stops again on it's own. And I can't get it aligned yet cause I can't drive far

Alfredm8702
With transmission in neutral and wheels off ground, manually turn them and test if any is not moving.

While replacing the cross member, what components did you remove?

Everything moves fine I took the rack and pinion off with the cross member along with the lower sway bar and all the steering knuckle components simple stuff it drove fine before, when it stops on it's own the only light that comes on is the loose traction light

Alfredm8702
Retrieve the trouble code for the TCS and let us know what it says.

I tried that and nothing comes up

Alfredm8702
Did you use a scan tool to test or a code reader? Code readers might not have the capability to read ABS rerlated codes.

Btw you if lift the vehicle and test with transmisison in D, it can trigger ABS and TCS codes.

When vehicle has stopped after driving, did you try turning engine off and pushing vehicle to check if it is the brakes that is locked? If vehicle can move freely, it could be a fault with the transmission or axle shafts.

It sounds like the abs turns on until it slows down then I can drive it again then it stops on it's own again the passenger axle shaft looks like it is a little off but could that be the issue?

Alfredm8702
Yes, if the inner joint of the shaft is dislodged, it can cause the vehicle to drag.

Ill give that a try see what happens

Alfredm8702