WON'T START

1989 Toyota Corolla

My cousin bought a 1989 Toyota Corolla GTS with a twin cam 20 racing motor. It was wrecked. We fixed the damage but it won't start. At first we were not getting spark (replaced the coil). Now we get fuel through the fuel line to the fuel rail but no start. If we spray starting fluid in the throttle body it will start for a few seconds. We put a test light on the each injector and it is getting voltage. Could they be clogged? And if so how could we clean them? Can you think of anything else.
Jhrw69

It sounds lie your injectors are not pulsing. If you spray that engine with starting fluid it is going to end up in pieces. You cannot test the injectors with a test light. You can test the ingintion power to the injectors but you need a NOID light to see if they are pulsing. That signal is from the computer and requires a cam sensor input. Good luck

Losone