CAR TURNS OVER BUT WONT START!

Toyota Camry

93 toyota camry 2.2L 4cyl. Us sedan.
one day I drive fine but my car turns its self off. I try to re start it but it just turns over. Some times it will turn on and some times it wouldn't. Now it wont stat at all. Since then i. Changed fuel pump (its getting gas) I also treated the gas. Then figured we went getting any spark. So replaced the distributor because I had a free new one. Got a new battery. Checked fuses. Changed spark plugs. Checked timing it was good. Why am I not getting spark?

i have not checked relays or the igniter. What else could make my car not start?
Ace1073

I have a 92 toyota camry LE, and mine had died at the gas station while running an errand. And wouldn't even turn over. After doing some work to it by checking the coil changing of plugs and wires, and the Ignitor. It will try to turn over but still won't start.I'm currently researching the firing order to ensure that I have the correct order on my distributor hooked up correctly. But this may be the cause of the computer/brain. But in my Haynes repair manual it says it only controls fuel output and such and other minor electrical functions. Will post back after confirmation of firing order

Current firing order starting from the bottom left of distributor facing it from the drivers side is 1324

O.K I'm at my wits end here have been checking all through the haynes manual and other forums. Most said to check the EFI main and fuse. But isn't the EFI for Electronic fuel injection. Anyways I think it is bad but not sure cause I was smelling gas after I tried to turn it over the first time after changing the plugs, ignitor and wires. Had no conectivity anwheres in any order on the relay ( male plug) on the female end ground at point 3 had conectivity at point(s) 1, 2, 4 when I reversed the polarity no conectivity anywhere
also the fuse was good. So please help I don't know of anything else to check other than the ECU and I didn't want to unless I realy had to. Just cause of having to remove the glove box and all just to get to it ? : (

Malikye Mirage
[quote=" I have not checked relays or the igniter. What else could make my car not start?[/Quote]

Try the igniter, I used to have a 94 tercel. When it is cold, it will start but when it is hot and the car is below 2000 rpm, engine hesitates and will stall. Then I tried to start it, engine turns but won't start at all plus there is no spark on the spark plugs. New igniter is expensive. If you have a friend with the same car, borrow his igniter (easy to remove) and check it out. If that is the problem, buy it at the self serve junk yard.

Dsplc
Try the igniter, I used to have a 94 tercel. When it is cold, it will start but when it is hot and the car is below 2000 rpm, engine hesitates and will stall. Then I tried to start it, engine turns but won't start at all plus there is no spark on the spark plugs. New igniter is expensive. If you have a friend with the same car, borrow his igniter (easy to remove) and check it out. If that is the problem, buy it at the self serve junk yard.[/Quote]

Good point-but I'll check the Ne/G signal from inside the distributor w/o it the computer won't give an Igt to the ignitor total results no spark and also no Igf spark confirmation.

Check the EFI relay, EFI fuse & ignition fuse