BAD ACCERLATION

Toyota Camry

Hey I have a 1991 toyota camry. And just last night it made a clunking noise and it was because of the lack of motor oil. So I immediately bought some and filled it to the full line. I went to my car today for my daily breakfast and it has a tough time accelerating. The rpm's will go up but not much else happens. I've checked the transmission fluid and it all comes out fine so im betting it has to do with the engine oil problem. I don't know what this could be.
thanks
Danielove

How many miles on your vehicle?
How low was the engine oil?
Any maintenance records?

Fisherman
It has 170,000 miles and the oil was empty. But no I don't have any maintenance records. Ive had the car for almost a year

Danielove
Well probably the noise you hear wasn t the engine.
Could be the tranny.
At least you find out that your engine was running with low oil.
Do you know the history on the transmission?
Check engine light off?

Fisherman
No im almost positive its not the tranny. I replaced it not even half a year ago.
But my stepdad said he thinks that when I drove it that short distance without the motor oil, the engine got really hot and it might have warped something in the engine.
But no, the check engine light isnt on

Danielove
OK but you said that the engine rev go up good.
Well but probably with no power.
Any weird noise?
Its idling smoth?
You have to check the compression on the cylinders.
And we start from there.

Fisherman
I HAD THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM. IT TURNED OUT TO BE MY BEARINGS THAT NEEDED TO BE REPLACED FROM SCRAPING DUE TO NO MOTOR OIL. LUCKILY I FOUND SOMEONE WHO WOULD DO JUST THAT FOR ME. BECAUSE EVERYONE I CALLED JUST KEPT TELLING ME TO GET A NEW MOTOR.

Kalikutes