GAS PEDAL STICKING AT TOP (NOT AT FLOOR)

2001 Toyota Camry

2001 Toyota Camry 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 72000 miles

Problem: Sticking gas pedal
I replaced a malfunctioning throttle body assembly(stalling while driving) on a 2001 Camry 4 cyl, with a used one. The used one works fine, except now the gas pedal intermittently sticks at the top just when you push it (not down at the floor). You have to give it a little kick to unstick it and go. It mostly happens taking off from stop lights, and only after the car is warmed up (10 minutes of driving). I got a refund on this used throttle body, which is still in the car, and I've found another used one. Should I replace it again, or could it be something else?
Lubing at the floor linkage and under the hood where the throttle cable connects didn't help. Cleaning inside the throttle body fixed the problem for 2 months, then it came back.

Fixitfast93

So, the throttle never stuck or had issue before the swap?

Did you swap over anything else like the Throttle Position Sensor or Idle Air Control Valve?

Sounds like the throttle body you got is suspect, but let me know about the TPS and other stuff that might have been swapped or not and I will check back and try to help.

The problem was not there before the throttle body swap. Nothing else was swapped, not the throttle position sensor or the IACV.

Fixitfast93
Sounds like it might be worth swapping out for the other used one you have.
Before you do that, check that the cable did not get kinked or routed incorrectly. The screws for the butterfly plate to linkage rod are there and tight and that there is not something impeding the movement of the plate or anything ales in the intake tract.

I will check back soon to see how it went.