ACCELERATOR NOT WORKING

2002 Toyota Camry

2002 Toyota Camry 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 130, 00 miles

So I bought the wrong battery for my Camry and hooked up the terminals backwards. A five minute job turned into hell. I blew the 100 amp main fuse but replaced it. That was a chore but doable. I check all other fuses. They seem to look okay. I got the right battery in and the car starts fine but the acceraltor(gas peddle) does not work. The car just idles. So, I dug through the manual again and tried changing out the relay for the EFI. No go. Now I am stuck and do not know what to do next. Please help.

Eric
Estever

Hi estever, Welcome to 2carpros and TY for the donation

Do you have a check engine light On?

Inspect and test the mass aiflow meter and throttle position sensor, let me know

My engine light is on. I do not know how to check Inspect and test the mass aiflow meter and throttle position sensor.
Help!
Eric

Estever
Okay understand, Use an OBD2 scantool and scanned the computer for code/s and get back with the code/s we start here.

This is really not helpful since I am not a trained mechanic and know what a OBD2 tool is or how to use it to scan for codes. I have blown somthing a relay or switch. This is what I was hoping to find out. Since I will have to take my car in anyway I don't see the purpose of this website unless I am already a mecahinc working at a garage somewhere.

Estever
I cannot pin point the exact problem here I'm not there with the vehicle what I've suggested can be the problem to prove it you must have the computer scanned for codes could be something else that's happening other than a switch or a relay-I'm sorry if you're not satisfied with my reponses all I can do is provide you some answers to your problem

Great. Please refund my $25.00.

Eric

Estever
You've disconnected the battery-this will cause the computer to lose its programmed memories that will make a parameter sensor and actuator malfunction

I disagree. People change out batteries all of the time without losing programs. I have a mechanic comming to the house right now with a scanner maybe he can help!

Estever
The mechanic found a 10 amp fuse which did not look burned out but was for the EFI. Without scanning he was able to fix my car. This is a ligitimate request to where you did not help and per your policy and stated on your webpage I respectfully ask that you refund my $25.00 today.

Regards,

Eric

Estever
Please do not ignore me now. I will gladly through any process to get my refund as required to see that you are an honest organization. If you do not know the staus of my refund at least tell me that it is comming.

Eric

Estever