-DOOR LOCKS OPEN SPONTANEOUSLY

2000 Toyota Camry

2000 Toyota Camry, 65K Miles, 4cyl, Auto
About 6 weeks ago, the door locks began to unlock by themselves spontaneously. This happens only when the car is in motion and mostly when the car accelerates harder or at higher speeds (e.G. 77+ MPH) and when the taking a a harder turn.

When it does happen, the dashboard indicator light flickers, indicating that a door is open.

I have carefully closed all doors and trunk but this did not work.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Ahrgee

Hello !

Question " unlock or open" ?

Which door?
All the doors?

Or its just the " door open" dash board light?

Let us Know !

Fisherman
Thanks for taking the time.

The doors unlock but do not physically open.

When this happens as I have described, it happens to all the doors simultaneously, as though I had pulled up on the unlock switch by the driver's side of the door, which is the normal way to unlock all doors at the same time.

When the doors unlock, as described above, the red " DOOR OPEN" dashboard light comes on or flickers.

Thanks for your help.

Ahrgee
Hello !!

well last question: do you have installed an aftermarket alarm, stock or none.?

How About an keyless entry system?

Well.. could be something as simple as a faulty 'lock switch" that actuates randomly with a vibration..

start removing the main lock switch from the connector and drive your car as usual and "see" if the problem persist if so, check the wiring that goes to the lock relay.

Here the schematic of the lock system:

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/576_camry_lock_sys_1.jpg

Good Luck!

BTW Tahnks for your donation !!

Fisherman
I do have an alarm with remote/keyless unlock feature, i.E. When I press the remote, the doors will unlock. I bought this car used several years ago and do not know if the alarm is aftermarket or not.

A final detail, last night I noticed that when I shut the car off, the headlights did not go off, but stayed illuminated. Normally, the headlights go off as soon as the car is shut off. It seems that I have some kind of electrical problem affecting numerous things. Any suggestions on how to solve this?

Ahrgee
[quote=" ahrgee" ]I do have an alarm with remote/keyless unlock feature, i.E. When I press the remote, the doors will unlock. I bought this car used several years ago and do not know if the alarm is aftermarket or not.

A final detail, last night I noticed that when I shut the car off, the headlights did not go off, but stayed illuminated. Normally, the headlights go off as soon as the car is shut off. It seems that I have some kind of electrical problem affecting numerous things. Any suggestions on how to solve this?[/Quote

Hello !
Did you tried to disconnect the main Lock-unlock switch and see if the problem stops?

How about your remote?
How " sensitive" its the button?
Could be to sensitive and when in the car-keys ring " hit" a key and Lock-Unlock the car.

About the headlights usually they turn off as soon as you open the driver door.

Let us know on your findings!

Fisherman
I am unable to read the schematic because it is not clear. Can you repost in a clearer format? Thanks.

Ahrgee
Hello !

Well we have a limited weight on the pictures, Even using the whole screen wont read good.

Sorry about that !
But, have you try the switch or check the sensitivity of the remote?

Let us Know!

Fisherman