OIL LEAK

1998 Toyota Camry

1998 Toyota Camry 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 185000 miles

We have an oil leak at a " fitting" on the front of the engine, passenger side just below the head gasket. The oil just squirts out at the seal of the " fitting". Can you help me identify what component would be located in this area and is it easily replaceable? Thanks.
Owen0118

Sounds like you're talking about the oil pressure switch-the fitting does it have a wire on it?

Hi there,

Dose this fitting have one wire attached? If so it's the oil pressure switch, this will easily unscrew with a socket (remove wire first ) If not the pressure switch, there is also the oil filter located near that front of engine position you refer to, this will also " spin of" and is easily replaced. Check these items first. And if not these contact me via I.M. Mark (mhpautos)

Mhpautos
Yes there is a wire going to it. Thanks!

Owen0118
I replaced the oil pressure sensor and it fixed the leak. Thanks for the quick response!

Owen0118
//