ABS LIGHT

2002 Suzuki XL7

Brakes problem
2002 Suzuki XL7 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 75000 miles

A little history: I had new tires put on my XL-7. At that time I was told the brakes were due for replacement. I bought the pads and when I went to remove the left front tire noticed a wheel stud was broken. No big deal I bought a stud and pulled the rotor. The stud cannot be replaced without removing the wheel speed sensor ring. I was unable to get it off so I cut two notches and bent it out of the way. This caused the antilock brakes to malfunction. I had to order a new ring so I pulled the fuse for the ABS until I got the new part. I installed the new ring today but the abs light comes on. It does not always come on right away and when it is off the brakes act normally. It comes on whether I am braking or not. I can hear the pump run at odd times like when stopped with my foot on the brake. Will the code clear after so many start stop cycles? I think it would be odd for something else to go wrong in the meantime but who knows? Any thoughts? I also disconnected the battery for a few minuites to see if something reset.
4gone

Might need to have it scanned for any codes that are stored relating to the ABS. Too many things to guess. Sometimes ABS codes need to be cleared manually with a scan tool

Jack42