OIL ON SPARK PLUG

2007 Suzuki Reno

2007 Suzuki Reno 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 44500 miles

Hi,

My husband was changing the spark plugs on his Suzuki Reno. The gas mileage has been down lately and someone suggested he change the plugs. One of the plugs had oil on it. Is this something serious that we need to have the dealer fix? What could be the possible causes. Thank you in advance for your help.

M R
Melindartx

Ok, are the plugs located down the center of the Valve Cover? And was the Plug Wire Boot soaked with oil? If the oil was just in the plug hole then most likely the Valve Cover Gasket is leaking and will need to be replaced. I would also replace the Plug Wires.

If you bought it new then most likely it is still under warrantee. But you can call the dealership your purchased it from to make sure.

If you bought it used and no warrantee, it is pretty easy to do.

.

.

Obxautomedic
Yes the plugs are located down the center. I'm not sure on the other 2 questions. I'll find out. Thank you so much for answering the questions, especially at this late hour.

M R

Melindartx
Hi Melinda,

Just following up to see if you got the problem fixed.

Mark

.

Obxautomedic