UNABLE TO START AFTER SHUTDOWN

Subaru Other

I have a 1996 subaru impreza L wagon. The car refuses to start unless it sits for atleast 2hrs after being driven. The starter is good, because the engine turns over quite well, but it just won't start unless you make it sit for awhile. I never give it gas when starting, so I don't think i'm flooding it. I at times smell gas though. Any help greatly appreciated.
Lshotta

You must determine if your engine will not start because of lack of fuel or lack of spark. If fuel is the problem, check the fuel pump, pressure etc. If no spark, check the coil, distributor, 12 volts to the coil, etc. Bob

2CarPro Bob
I had this problem on my 1995 Subaru Legacy L. It would always start great unless I stopped just to run into a store or something. When I would come back to my car, it would turn over, but wouldn't start. I had to let it sit for another 15-20 minutes, then it would start up. Through some online searches I found a discussion that recommended changing the cam-shaft sensor. This was very easy to do on my car. It mounted right on top and was only one or two bolts. I replaced it and never had the problem again.

Totheriver
SOUNDS LIKE ITS TIME TO REPLACE YOUR CAM& CRANK SENSORS THEY ARE KNOWN ON SUBARUS FOR DOING THIS!

THANKS
: D

Wrx246