FUEL OR ELECTRONIC PROBLEM

1987 Subaru GL

1987 Subaru GL 4 cyl All Wheel Drive Manual 140000 miles

I have an RX actually wich is basically the 3-door Turbo GL. So one day my car started dying. Much like it would if it were to run out of gas. The RPMs would crash and the engine light, combined with the turbo light would flicker and flash. I was near a gas station so I filled er up and it didnt stop. I got home and it wouldnt start. So I checked the sparkplugs. They had plenty of spark. I check the fuel line after the filter and it had plenty of pressurized fuel comming out. I checked the ECU and it gave me a code 11: crank angle sensor. I cleared the error codes and it then gave me no code, like nothing was wrong. I asked the subaru guy at the dealership and he said the code will always show up and that it probably wasnt the problem. I've asked everyone and nobody knows! Help!
Iokua

Check if the fuel pressure is within specs EFI system don't like low pressure.

How would I check the fuel pressure?

Iokua
Using a fuel pressure gauge designed for your fuel system and disconnect the fuel filter and check from there.