ECTS

1997 Saturn SL2

Engine Cooling problem
1997 Saturn SL2 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 11700 miles

I have a 97 Saturn and I have trouble getting it started when its cold. Most of the time I have to hold the gas to the floor to get it started. Went online and found that it could be the ECTS. So I went to autozone and bought the brass one. INstalled it. Started up at first but now it just turns over and over. I unplugg the wire to the ECTS and the car starts up with the pedal to the floor and the radiator fan stays on.(Because the water temp guage is at the halfway mark on instrument panel.) Plugthe wire back in and try to start it, wont start. Just turns over.
Ffwoajob

That's really weird when u unplug a cts it's reads -40 degrees to the computer so for it to be half way on the gauge and the fan to stay on makes no sense with it unplugged. Take a look at the connector and see if it's corroded if it is it will have to be replaced. Also inspect the wire make sure it's not short to ground.U may even have a bad new sensor but the way it acts when it's unplugged is not right. Let me know what u find.